WITH EFFECT FROM 8TH AUGUST 2020
- Face Coverings
- In line with government guidance, the wearing of face coverings are required to be worn in our crematoriums by mourners and officials.
- Our staff will also be required to wear face coverings in our chapels.
- This does not apply to children under the age of 11.
- Singing and Wind Instruments
- Activities such as singing, chanting, shouting and/or playing of instruments that are blown into are to be specifically avoided. This is because there is a possible additional risk of transmission. This applies even if social distancing is being observed or face coverings are used.
- Track and Trace
- For your information Track and Trace will be conducted by the Funeral Directors
With regret this year’s Jewish Service of Remembrance and Service of Remembrance has been cancelled due to Covid 19-restrictions on mass gatherings.
The gardens are now open 9.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Sunday.
Please observe social distancing rules.
Funerals can be attended no more than 30 mourners in the West Chapel and no more than 20 in the East Chapel from Monday 6th July 2020.
Visits to the various Columbaria are by appointment only, however due to the continued restrictions of the COVID 19 pandemic we are currently not taking any appointments. We will update the website when it is possible to make appointments again.
Chapel of Memory and the Jewish Shrine are open from 9am to 4pm each day.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation at this difficult and unprecedented time.
The London Cremation Company plc
The following pages describe the kinds of memorial available at Golders Green Crematorium, and what arrangements can be made for the final resting place of the cremated remains. We very much hope that one of them may be in sympathy with your own feelings.
When your sense of loss is keenest, it needs to be expressed. To be able to visit a personal memorial and spend a quiet time in thought can be a great comfort.
You are welcome to visit the Garden of Rest and the Chapel of Memory at any time during the hours when the crematorium is open. We hope that you will feel something of the peace that is associated with Golders Green.
If you would like further information or advice, the Memorial Counsellors or other members of the crematorium staff will be glad to help.
The Garden of Rest
Our aim in creating the twelve-acre Garden of Rest has been to establish a living memorial of great beauty that is personal to each and every visitor, and dedicated to every name recorded here.
Every March and April spring arrives, bringing a variety of fresh colour. First the crocuses appear, tens of thousands of them, then the beautiful spring-flowering shrubs such as azaleas, camellias and rhododendrons. These are followed in May and June by the vibrant colours of the roses.
Many people continue to visit the gardens months, years or even decades after they first came to commemorate a loved one here, and their devotion is a tribute to the peace and tranquillity found in these grounds.